Saturday, March 21, 2009

Everafter by Cosmo Cricket

Have we ever mentioned that we LOVE Cosmo Cricket here at Porter's? Their latest collection, called "Everafter", is no exception! The beautiful subdued yellows, blues, and oranges are timeless yet trendy.

Although this line is geared towards a love/wedding theme, I found you are not strictly limited to lovey dovey projects. Even the pre-printed borders with all the love quotes on them can be disguised, as I did in this layout about me, my sister, and my Grandma:


But I also had to take advantage of the intended use of this collection and create a wedding layout. It turned out to be quite bulky because of all the ribbon and chipboard, but would look gorgeous in a shadow box and given as a gift:

The large scalloped circle was made using a 12x12 die from our free die cutting section in the scrapbooking department.

I wove sheer ribbon through the opening in the scallops and tied a knot in every other one.

Then I hand stitched a clear crystal bead to each knot. (I wish they showed up better in the pictures, but it really adds an elegant look to the page in real life)!

No comments: