Saturday, January 24, 2009

January 2nd Saturday Recap

January is drawing to a close. Hopefully those of you participating in our 2nd Saturday program have been busily working on your projects for February. But just in case you need a boost, here are some ideas on scrapping the theme of
"On Schedule."


We often get in the habit of scrapping "events" instead of the day-to-day activities. Spend some time focusing on the little things. They are part of our everyday lives that put together, make up the big stuff.

Put a spin on the traditional birthday page by journaling about your feelings regarding the event. Is is exciting, sad, or bittersweet that your young ones are growing so fast? Write it down! They will thank you someday.

Here's a great example of scrapping without photos. Write down your daily, weekly, or monthly schedule and preserve it for your posterity. I'll bet it will even be interesting for you to look back at your own life in a few years and notice how much things have changed.

Create a layout using time-lapse photos of a special event in your life. The pictures say a lot, but don't forget to include your thoughts and feelings as well.

Momentous occasions, like bringing home a new baby, can cause us to reflect on the small details of life. Enjoy the journey!


Capture what is going through your head right now. I created this layout after an hour-long struggle to get my boys in bed. Although I was tired, I felt the need to record my thoughts...that although I was frustrated and exhausted, I still loved them and wanted them to remember that.

Create a checklist of things you want to accomplish in your lifetime. This could vary from places you want to travel to your heart-felt dreams and goals.

What do your teenagers do with their time? This fun layout will be a treasure in years to come, especially when we look back and say, "Can you believe how far technology has come?"


Did you ever really think you would get old? Time definitely has a way of changing our perspectives.

And last, but not least, I wanted to share a fun layout regarding the strange phenomenon that seems to surround all mothers...not being able to have even 60 seconds of alone time in the bathroom! Now bathrooms aren't something we normally scrap about, but why not have a little fun with it? Write about the notes the kids slip under the door or the way the phone always seems to ring the minute you step in the shower. Sometimes, even the family pet wants in. Tell the funny story and let your personality shine through!

Hopefully, these suggestions have helped you come up with some ideas of your own. We can't wait to see your spin on "On Schedule." See you in February!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the bathroom layout! I laughed when I saw it, I laughed when I read it, and I laughed when I told my husband about it because I can totally relate! So funny! Thanks for sharing!