Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Boys Only" Mini Album



Making a mini album can be fairly simple, especially when working with a coordinating line such as Just Dreamy 2 by My Mind's Eye. Try using their pre-made embellishments and double-sided papers for a quick and easy project.


Just because a product is designed for a certain theme doesn't mean you can't think outside the box a little. When seeing the title "Boys Only," I naturally thought about creating a mini book about my boys. However, as the project evolved, I decided to take it one step further and journal about my experience of growing up with just boys as friends. I used to joke that since there were never any girls my age in my neighborhood, I was doomed to only have boys when I became a mom. Well, that proved to be true! And although at one time I yearned for a little girl, I have decided that having all boys is pretty easy so far. That's what this mini book is about.


A pre-cut frame has been backed with thin chipboard to make the album cover. The title fits perfectly in the opening of the frame.



Using chipboard as the backing for each page increases the chances of it surviving rough handling by little fingers.


Pre-designed journaling blocks are a fast and easy way to include a short story.



Get creative with the binding! Use rings, ribbon, a ball chain, or string.


Make small embellishments pop by placing them on foam squares for added dimension.

Use a journaling stamp or rub-on to create a place to sign and date your mini album.

Don't limit yourself to a "Boys Only" album. There are lots of girl and family-themed items from My Mind's Eye as well. Come in and see what you can put together. We have project sheets available to make it even easier for you!