Thursday, April 16, 2009

Reflections of a Female Entrepreneur

It's Fun to Share



Hi. It is springtime in the Rockies!!! At least for a few days according to the weatherman.
This weekend, my 3 grandsons spent some time with me and since it was too cold to stay outside for long, I found some yarn and started knitting a scarf. The nine-year-old picked up on it pretty quickly and the six-year-old spent time twisting the yarn around the needle and helping to pull the needle through. The two-year-old thought that the yarn was a ball and we spent lots of time chasing it around the room. I know, I know, I am crazy, but where better to be than in between my boys. They were excited as the scarfs took shape; the six-year-old kept trying to wrap it around his neck. He was sure it was long enough to take off and wear. It reminded me of the "Bluebird" days when someone was teaching me to knit.

Those of you who know me are aware that I came late to crafts, but knowing how to do a project enough to share the skill with someone makes it so fun! SHARING IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT. I am not at the skill level of Kristy at the Idaho Falls store who made the socks pictured below. She says she can teach me and I must admitted they are so cute and soft that one of these days you might see a picture of MY socks. She is a walking encyclopedia of the ways of knitting or crocheting. She can answer almost any question. One of these days, I will surprise her and get a picture of her so you will recognize her.

If you are a beginner like me and my grandsons, ready to try socks, or maybe you just need something to do with your hands until you can get into the garden, Kristy is here for you.


So soft and cuddly!!!!


1 comment:

The Taylor's said...

You make me want to make a cozy pair of socks!